Hope your doing much better than me.. Who might have thought that my original mechanical pump is 100% dead and not restorable.. well that's ok. bought and installed new one! Car works great, but if I'm cruising slowly - no drag racing! :/
But that wouldn't be the problem - nobody believed me that it is possible - that a carb engine needs mechanical AND eletrical fuel pump in tank to work properly.. Now i know that!
So I have 1987 Firebird 4BBL Rochester carb my 8th digit on VIN is H. Incase you have some similar problems I have had and you don't know what to do:
- Car stalls
- Car doesn't go over 80 kmph if full throttle
- Car doesn't go faster than 140 kmph if on low throttle
- Sometimes after full throttle car starts to stall and you feel gasoline smell
Re-time ignition and you should be fine.
If some problems persists then start to check - plugs, wires, battery, ignition cap/rotor..
Hope this helps someone! :)
Cheers!
Nav komentāru:
Ierakstīt komentāru